Friday, June 30, 2017

On His Birthday



Help Me Celebrate His 30 Year Memory and Birthday

This July, my son Michael Louis Corina would have been 30 years old.  A milestone to many people and their families.  Michael (Mikey) died just before my 30th birthday. I thought I would never celebrate another birthday.  Birthdays became unimportant and even painful. 

Although I never worked at making a day, date or event named after him, he has always been behind almost everything I do.  Patient safety was never about the one boy who died, it’s been about the many children who have died from preventable medical errors and all the families broken because of a medical system that does not include patients (even though
they say it does).


I was not involved in the study that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States.  My work started long before that study was released when I saw this problem was not being addressed. 

Help us continue raising awareness in his memory.

Please consider this year helping make the number 30 meaningful with a donation of $30 (or any amount) which would mean you have thought of my son on his birthday this month.  A recurring donation of $30 will mean you remembered him for a year and will help us at Pulse Center for Patient Safety Education & Advocacy continue our important, lifesaving work.

Its as easy as going to our donation page to make your tax deductible donation!  

And please visit www.pulsecenterforpatientsafety.org to see what we are doing!

Thank you and feel free to pass it on.

No comments: